Saturday, July 24, 2021

Christmas in July with Jingle Bones

I thought I'd get onboard with the whole Christmas in July thing  with a review of Christmas-themed Coffee! So here goes!

BONES COFFEE COMPANY: JINGLE BONES
The Jingle Bones blend is a medium roast, and, as the name implies, it's Christmas-themed. Jingle Bones is one of about half-a-dozen Christmas-oriented blends that Bones Coffee Company offers (other examples are Oh Fuuuudge and Eggnog).

This review is based on coffee brewed from a 4-oz. pre-ground pack, in a drip coffeemaker. Like previous Bones blends I've reviewed, the coffee smelled great while brewing, filling my kitchen with an air of caramel that wafted into my office. This was off to a promising start.

The Jingle Bones blend tasted as good as it smelled, with the advertised coconut, caramel, and vanilla being present both in the aroma and in each sip. The flavor was sweet and smooth enough that even someone like me who almost always cuts his coffee with almond milk or creamer (or a mix of the two) could drink it straight from the mug without cutting it. 

Hot, this blend leads with a caramel flavor but the vanilla and especially the coconut shine through as well. When it's consumed iced, the coconut flavor comes through even stronger, but however the blend is consumed, its flavors remain nicely balanced.

I can't quite see how Christmas-y this blend is honestly--unless it's supposed to bring to mind a plateful of cookies?--but it's very tasty and one I recommend highly if you like coffee.

Kylie Approves of Coffee


No comments:

Post a Comment