Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Don't litter or the Mask Man will get you!

Mask Man (2021)
Starring: AJ Ashok
Director: AJ Ashok
Rating: Six of Ten Stars

A litter bug (Ashok) has a bizarre and life-altering encounter.

AJ Ashok in "Mask Man" (2021)

While I was annoyed by the self-important Mask Nazis roaming around forcing their obsession with face masks on the rest of us over the past year-and-a-half, I was REALLY pissed off by those damn masks were strewn in parking lots and on sidewalks everywhere. because the pigs who had worn them were too lazy to dispose of them properly in a trash can. I hope that the Mask Nazis and their filthy habits are well behind us now.

When I first came across AJ Ashok's short silent horror film "Mask Man", I hoped that he'd made a film about some supernatural terror would haunt a Mask Nazi who was also a pig and just threw their disposable masks on the ground instead of in the trash. Alas, it is not my revenge fantasy brought to the screen, but it is an interesting little anti-littering film. (Even if I come to the conclusion that Ashok must live in a strange place... or do adults really carry snack-sized bags of crisps and juice boxes with them while out for a stroll?)

Click below to enjoy Ashok's moody little film. And remember: Don't litter.

No comments:

Post a Comment