Tuesday, October 19, 2021

When horror movies go to the dogs...

... you get a fun little take on so very many of the short films that're featured over at our sister blog Terror Titans.


Horror Movie For Dogs (2020)
Starring: Koda
Director: Caleb Herring
Rating: Six of Ten Stars

A family dog (Koda) is left alone in a haunted house.
 

Filmmaker Caleb Herring wrote about "Horror Movie for Dogs: "I shot this the night before Halloween because I was insanely bored and my girlfriend was out for the night, leaving me and our good boy home alone."

His boredom is our blessing, because this is a nicely done short film. It's concise and not a moment of screen-time is wasted. The only complaint I have is that the soundtrack is a bit overblown and too omnipresent. A little more quiet in this film would have made it a lot more effective.

That aside, this is an amusing effort that is well worth checking out (which you can do from this very post). I think that those people who are down-voting it have no hearts, sense of humor, nor sense of what makes a good film.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of expected the vacuum cleaner to spring to life and chase the dog. Otherwise pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! I had the same thought!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete