Sunday, August 29, 2021

Bones Coffee: Sinn-O-Bun Blend

It's time for another coffee review--because the world has been waiting with bated breath to learn how I'm feeding my caffeine addiction!

Drink Coffee! It's Fashionable!


BONES COFFEE COMPANY: SINN-O-BUN
Sinn-O-Bun is another one of the many 4-oz. sampler packs I ordered with making this series of posts while feeding my caffeine addiction in mind. The gimmicky name and skeleton-themed drawing on the packaging.

The ground coffee had cinnamon bun aroma I would expect from the name, and a similar pleasing smell was evident as the coffee brewed. It was off to the promising start of other Bones Coffee releases I've tried. In the end, though, this turned out to be my This is my least favorite of their blends so far.

The blend basically does what the name brings to mind: If you dip a cinnamon roll in coffee and take a bite, that's what a hot cup of this coffee tastes like. Adding some milk (or in my case, almond milk) to your cup brings out the flavor even stronger. Unfortunately, the taste is as if you were dipping a stale cinnamon roll rather than a fresh one. That puts damper on the experience.

Unsurprisingly, this sweet-tasting blend works well iced, especially with a bit of almond milk added. Curiously, there seems to be a salty aftertaste that isn't there when you drink it hot, and it gets stronger as you sip the coffee. For this reason, you want to consume iced Sinn-O-Bun in small doses. (I thought that maybe I'd mixed up blends, or had not rinsed or washed the pot and cup properly between review samplings, and that I wasn't drinking Sinn-O-Bun at all or had perhaps "tainted" the brew somehow... but a second brewing brought the same shift in flavor between the hot and cold coffee. I don't think I've ever encountered something like this before--although the enhanced bacon flavor when drinking the Maple Bacon blend is similar, I suppose.)

Sinn-O-Bun is probably my least favorite of the Bones Coffee Company blends I've had so far; it's not one I'm likely to try again. That said, if you like cinnamon in general and cinnamon buns in particular, I think you'll enjoy it... just be sure you drink it hot. (I am giving a 4-oz. sample pack to a friend who's CRAZY about cinnamon to get her opinion on the Sinn-O-Bun blend. If she has anything to say that changes my recommendation, I'll provide an update in a future post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment