Monday, May 24, 2021

Musical Monday with Three Days Grace

Here's a Fun Fact about the song "Somebody That I Used to Know": The version recorded by Gotya some ten or so years ago wasn't bad. But I've yet to come across a cover that was equally good or didin't improve upon in some way. And the today's Musical Monday entry--a "Somebody That I Used to Know" cover from Canadian hard rock band Three Days Grace--continues that pattern.
 
Three Days Grace

While I really enjoyed the music on this cover, I find the video creepy as hell, and not in a good way. I think they were going for a "Take On Me" vibe with the video, but it was done badly and on the cheap with video filters. The result made me uncomfortable. (This may just be a personal quirk... watch it and tell me what YOU think in the comments section.)


(While I dumped on Gotya above, I have to say that the video made to support his version of "Somebody That I Used to Know" is fantastic. (Although, even the Star Wars parody version of it is a better performance of the song, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment