Monday, September 19, 2022

Musical Monday with Bad Omens

A favorite roleplaying game of mine was Cyberpunk 2020, with its "day after tomorrow" setting where the world had crumbled under the weight of a pandemic, government corruption, and corporate greed. I greatly enjoyed running my campaign in the setting, which incorporated some low-key supernatural elements, plus space aliens, in addition to the gritty sci-fi aspects already present.

A scene from Bad Omen's "Concrete Jungle" (2022)

I mention this, because this video for a single off Bad Omen's 2022 album, "The Death of Peace of Mind", captures the mood I was going for in the sessions of that campaign, as well as visually making me nostalgic for that game and my version of the world it took place in.

It's also a fantastic song with perfectly timed transitions between creepily mellow and savagely metal. So perfectly Cyberpunk!

Concrete Jungle (2022)
Starring: Noah Sebastian
Director: Orie McGinnis
Rating: Ten of Ten Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment