Sunday, September 19, 2021

Bones Coffee's Coconut Rum

It's time for another of my coffee reviews. It's  Talk Like a Pirate Day so there was only one appropriate choice to write about.

Pirates relaxing outside Scooter's Coffee Shop

BONES COFFEE COMPANY: COCONUT RUM
This is another one of the flavored medium-roast blends from this great Florida-based company; so far, I have not been disappointed by any of their flavors, including a couple I've yet gotten around to posting reviews about. Their streak continued with the Coconut Rum blend.

When I opened the package, I could smell the coconut. As the coffee brewed, the aroma wasn't strong enough to reach my office, as has been the case with some of the other Bones blends, nor did I notice any particularly strong smell when I returned to the kitchen.

Is sweet enough that I could drink it black--and, as I've said before, I hardly ever drink coffee black. The dominant flavor here is rum, but the coconut is also detectable and very nice. When I added unsweetened almond milk, the coconut flavor retreated a bit, but the taste of rum remained as strong as before, perhaps even enhanced. This is a strongly flavored blend, and as you drink it, the taste of rum remains in your mouth.

When consumed over ice, the rum taste in this blend remains strong, even if the coconut taste is virtually undetectable. Still, the blend is sweet enough that it can can be consumed without any milk or cream added; in fact, it might be best if you just drink it straight when iced.

Bones' Coconut Rum is another excellent blend. It's probably not going to make into my personal Top Ten Bones Faves, but if you like rum and you like coffee, I'm sure you'll like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment