Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Rarely has a title been so fitting

Meet/Kiss/Kill (2012)
Starring: Anonymous
Director: "Temporal Jessica"
Rating: Eight of Ten Stars

The title sums up what happens in this two-minute film.


"Meet/Kiss/Kill" is a fascinating little art film that plays with light and shadow and archetypical film noir costuming and camera angels. I like everything about it visually and pacing-wise, but could have done without the old-timey film projector sound that made up the entire soundtrack. I'm sure what I would have in its place--there are a couple of Mike Oldfield tracks I think would work nicely, but then I feel he has music that would work for almost anything--but complete silence might not have worked either. And sound effects would be right out, I think.

But how about you take a couple minutes to check it out? If you like creative filmmaking and the film noir genre, I think you'll find the time well spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment